Friday 19 March 2010

Thriller Rough Draft (Friday, 19/03/2010)





This is our rough draft of our sequence 'The Assistant'

Postives:

I think we incorporated a large variety of angles and shots, which work well with the naturalistic style of the filming. I also think that the shots work well together with minimal editing, which flows naturally, as we wanted. Also, the use of silence at the end builds up tension, which I think is classic of the thriller genre and adds suspense.

Negative:

I don't believe that the soundtrack works quite as well with the piece as it should, and I feel it has too much of a 'techno' feel to be in a thriller piece. Also, I think the last two shots of the sequence have too many continuity errors and do not flow well with the piece, making it feel 'disjointed'. In addition, I do not believe the titles are 'interesting' enough and do not incorporate the eeriness of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment